Ya must be #$%! kidding me.
"House Democrats , in turn, said they were pleased that they had persuaded the White House to endorse a package primarily benefiting middle- and working-class Americans by setting income caps on the full rebates at $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for joint filers. "
WTF? Where is the fairness in this? You tell me. I pay a bunch of taxes to the government and the government turns around and offers $600 of my money to someone who pays less taxes than i do. This individual gets to spend $600 on whatever he wants...food, gas, Playstation, travel, etc. And what do I get? Nada. From what I've read, the rationale is that higher income folks don't need or won't really spend that $600 and thus not help stimulate the economy. That we will put the $600 into our savings accounts and not spend the money as Congress intends us to do. Well...let me tell ya something Democrats...I too could use that $600. Unbelievable. Okay, I will admit that I don't need this $600 compared to someone who makes $20,000 but if the intent is to stimulate the economy, I too can open my wallet and help the economy. If you want to stimulate the economy and be fair to everyone, spend all the money fixing the infrastructure in the US. Upgrade the freeway system, old bridges, etc.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home