Saturday, January 12, 2008

I am a walking biological Weapon

So I went to my family doctor to have him take a look at these very sore and itchy cluster of "insect bites" located right below my right rib cage. You should know that I like to self-diagnose myself. heheh. Have never been correct...not even once but this hasn't stopped me from pretending to be a doctor. My doctor is really cool though. One time I stopped by his office to let him know I think I had cancer!! hahah. I don't, thank God but back to my story. Prior to the office visit, I washed my bed sheets, my futon sheets, pretty much everything I thought could be a contributing factor to my problem. To my surprise, my doctor said they weren't insect bites. "You have a small case of shingles. "What the heck are "shingles?" I asked very alarmed and wishing they were just small insect bites. According to my doctor, the same viruses that led me to have chicken pox when I was a kid are to blame for the shingles I am experiencing today. Apparently, the chicken pox viruses didn't go away when I was young. Some laid dormant in my body for 20+ years and something triggered them to "wake-up." When the nine tiny little bumps appeared on my skin, they were filled with the chicken pox virus. So I could have infected anyone who never had chicken pox!!

Update: I am no longer contagious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home