Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hot Pot

So, on my return from Tahoe, my friend and I stopped by the Hot Pot place at the 99 Ranch in Albany. We were sat next to these two couples by the restaurant attendant. After about half an hour or so, we could tell that one of the four was probably chinese and couldn't speak vietnamese (the other three were vietnamese speaking folks). Well, I guess the chinese guy got bored so decided to walk outside for a while. 20 minutes later, he returned and as he almost got to his chair, his wife stood up with her arms wide open and said really loud, "HONEY!! YOU ARE NOT SMILING!!!" and proceeded to give him a hug and a kiss. It was so fake that it was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing inside. First, because I couldn't believe she said that so loudly in public. And second, because i don't know, it was so fake that I am sure the guy probably just wanted to leave right then and there. I suppose for whatever reason, the wife wanted to show the other couple that she and her husband were doing well, relationship-wise. As for me, I tried to contain myself but didn't work. I covered my mouth with my paper napkin and tried my best not to look at my friend who was also laughing. Man...

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Me said...

Those relationship-on-display-at-the-restaurant moments are always interesting. At least it wasn't like the one time that I (and a bunch of other people) witnessed this Chinese lady lambast her White husband for not fighting over the bill with their Chinese friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home